Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Struggle

I have had my fair share of struggles.  I have gone through long periods of sickness, I was laid off three times in Commercial Real Estate before I went into different fields, and I had loved and lost multiple times.  Now I am healthy, I love my job, and I am married to the most incredible man!  Without having lived my life and experiencing the struggles, I could never fully appreciate the blessings God has given me.  I always knew in my heart that God was with me and leaning into him and my loved ones is what carried me through the trials in my life.

It is kind of like appreciating a rainbow, or two, after a huge storm.  Or witnessing the most beautiful sunrise after the darkness of night.  The colors seem so brilliant when you gaze at a rainbow and the sun and breeze feel heavenly after leaving the shadows.  God let's us experience life, and unfortunately he can't protect us from bad things happening to us.  What he can do is give you the strength to persevere and he can carry you through the darkness or help you move past the trying periods in your life.  He blesses you with the grace to stay strong when we feel like we can't go on anymore.

My favorite quote is from the United States Declaration of Independence:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." 

We have the right to pursue happiness and have a will to thrive.  I don't know why but this is so profound to me.  No one ever said we had the right to be happy.  It is something I strive for every day and I make my own happiness by enjoying the little things and living in the moment.   It is a journey we are on all of our days to live life to the fullest, keeping all the while our inner joy.  Letting our light shine bright and loving others as Jesus and the Lord so loved us.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive encouraging comments are welcome here: