Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Federer takes a Big Win at Wimbledon

Roger Federer is looking strong at Wimbledon
Roger Federer looked really strong in his Sunday game against Nalbandian 6-4, 6-2, and then 6-4.  I'll be honest I didn't realize it had started and I tuned in during this game in round three.  I hope to follow the rest of the tournament as I like tennis and Wimbledon is one of the most famous tournaments in the game.

Unfortunately Andy Roddick, on the other hand, lost big time.  He said in a press conference that he felt like he did a good job and he didn't do as well.  He said he's played worse and done better in the past. He lost 7-6, 7-6, 6-4 to Feliciano López of Spain.

People were also surprised that the Williams sisters Venus and Serena didn't play doubles.  They said it shows how serious they are about their single games.  Venus is passionate about her clothing line, she was wearing a jumper, but the British call sweaters jumpers, so they were confused as to why she was calling it that.

Venus Williams shown here in her clothing line.

Tennis is such a nice sport.  I really enjoy playing it too.  I have a tennis court in our neighborhood and I got Kyle a racket to play with me and we had so much fun playing a couple weeks ago.  I won but he is still really good.  I need to work on my serve for sure, mainly the toss.  You have to have a good toss to make a great serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive encouraging comments are welcome here: