Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

February Hair & Nail Beauty Adventures

I have been continuing on my 2016 Doing New Things Journey and this month has been a lot of fun! As a reminder, along with eating new foods, having new experiences, visiting new local Southern tourist attractions, each month, I am doing something different color-wise with my hair and nails.  I had gotten into such a predictable rut over the years with my basic brunette hair and white French gel polish manicures.  There is certainly nothing wrong with that, but for me, this year, I want it to all be about all kinds of adventure, including with my hair and nails!

Last month, I did red peek-a-boo highlights with my friend Emily Peace Kelly up in Marietta.  It was really cool and I loved the way it turned out.  This month, since we wanted to switch it up, we chose blonde and light brown highlights.  Emily did a balayage high and low lifting technique in a peek-a-boo fashion.  I absolutely love the results!!!  We kept the red peek-a-boo highlights and added the blonde and light brown highlights to it.  There is really a lot of dimension now, which I am really happy about!




Now for my nails!

Purple French manicure with sparkles on top


Pink and dark pink with white diagonal stripes on my ring fingers




No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive encouraging comments are welcome here: