Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

My New Year's Resolution

Happy New Year!

I have been thinking about New Year's Resolutions for the last couple of weeks. First, I didn't want to be cliche even though I know I need to get in shape. I decided I would really start working out again in February after the New Year Resolution crowds die down at the gym. Then I was thinking I don't want to wait until February to do a New Year's Resolution. But, I don't want to let myself down if I can't keep it so I thought I won't do one at all.

Finally it came to me. I am going to try new things that I haven't done before or in a long time: not necessarily major ground breaking things but I am deciding to get out of my comfort zone. The first thing I did was I got red peek a boo highlights. I liked it but then a week later we went bolder with a more dramatic fashion red! Thank you Emily Peace Kelly for making my hair dreams come true!  www.georgiapeace.com



Then we put James in a Parent's Morning Out Preschool. It is 3 hours, 2 days a week. It is a huge adjustment for him but better now than starting in Pre-K!! It is so good for him in every way! Of course my heart feels like it is breaking when I hand him off and he becomes hysterical. He calms down... Eventually. He has only gone twice so far. He'll get into the routine and before long he'll be so excited to go to his class. My mom told me one time how it was harder when my brother became independent and barely said bye as he ran off with his friends. It is going to help him in the long run by also trying new things and branching out into uncharted waters.

Then there are little choices on things like what to eat. This week I had an "ants on a log" snack- celery with peanut butter and raisins. Yesterday at Chuy's Mexican Restaurant I had authentic tortilla soup and flautas. Today I got my nails done with a red French tip manicure with sparkles.



I want this year to be special. I want to try lots of new things: big decisions and simple everyday decisions. I want to be spontaneous and really live life to the fullest.

_____________

In addition, I'd like to share about our church message last week.
www.northpointonline.tv

Jeff Henderson, lead pastor at Gwinnett Church, did a very compelling New Year's message called "This is my Year... I promise".

He explored the Possibility standpoint:
Own a space in the land of possibility
Lease a space in the land of reality.

He asked the questions:
What do you think is possible for you in the New Year?

What does God think is possible for you?
We know what God thinks is possible.
Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Self-Control, Faithfulness,  Goodness, Gentleness

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5:22-26‬ ‭NIV‬‬

So, in summary, we can also work on getting fruit of the Spirit which God knows is possible for us. Fruit of the Spirit will transform 2016 and make it the best year ever!!

2 comments:

Positive encouraging comments are welcome here: