Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pushing Through Difficult Times

Hi everyone, 

I want to apologize to those of you who have been checking back and I haven't posted anything in a while.  I have been battling bronchitis recently and I haven't been feeling up to writing.  I always try to post really good content and thus why I also post maybe once a week.  I could just post stuff all the time but I really want to make sure the things I post are a value add and something I can be proud of over time.

That being said, I am feeling much better!!  It was really all I could do to come to work every day and give 100%!!  It was really tough most days but I pushed through it.  I have more responsibilities now at work and the end of the month is always a really big push to finish the month strong.  I didn't want to let my team down by taking a bunch of sick days (even though they would have totally understood.)

I think this is a theme of any kind of a life worth living. 

We push through difficult times to hope for better circumstances.  This is the hope and faith that better things are yet to come.  We have to stay positive in light of hard times.  The moment we give up hope, I think is the moment we become defeated.  You hear stories of people saying things like 1,000 times failing is just 1,000 times that prepare us to the right answer. 

It can be really hard to work hard when things aren't going well, BUT we must. 

"Perseverance is being determined and not giving up in spite of challenges." -Jen

“The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” -Elizabeth Kubler Ros

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." -United States Declaration of Independence

Be Beautiful and Pursue Happiness!!

1 comment:

  1. Jen, I enjoyed reading your post, and I am sorry that you were under the weather for awhile. I hope that you are feeling much better now! Please consider tweeting your own blog posts on a twitter account. This will provide you with increased exposure in your writing, thoughts, and ideas. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Positive encouraging comments are welcome here: