Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Lent and My 40 day sacrifice: Fried Food

People's view on Lent differ, but as a Christian I have always done it.  Some people think it is just for Catholics,  I know Jesus fasted for 40 days and 40 nights and in light of that I like to "give up" something I love in honor of our Savior.  Maybe the true meaning is to suffer a little in a similar way that Jesus suffered a lot for our sins.  Since we are all sinners the only way we will be right by God is to accept Jesus as our Savior and accept His Grace as we humble ourselves.  We will never perfect and as a Christian we should try to be Christlike but know we need His Grace and Mercy.

But this year, getting back to the season of Lent, I decided to give up fried food: Fried pickles, fried chicken, french fries, buffalo fried chicken and anything else battered and fried.  Let's just say it is already a sacrifice.  Considering I live in the Southern Capital of the World and also the Fried Chicken Capital of the World I hope people can understand fried food is kind of like another food group down here. 

One year I gave up Doritos, another year I gave up ice cream, another year it was desserts all together.  Kyle is giving up something too.  So it is definitely a family affair.

The picture I have posted is a heart attack in the making, it's called the Double Down by KFC, Kentucky Fried Chicken.  No bun, no carbs is the idea, lots of protein, right?  Try lots of calories... But This is a good example of fried food at it's greasiest!! Hello South!

Who knows, maybe with this Lent season I will lose the extra couple pounds I gained since being married... haha I'll let you know how it goes, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive encouraging comments are welcome here: