Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fresh Start, Fresh Snow, Fresh Ice

I am really enjoying my new life being married and recently I left my job.  It was a temporary 3 month contract position, and I wanted to stay fresh on my job skills and get off unemployment.  My contract was up and now I am back looking for another sales job.  I had an interview last week and hopefully will hear back soon on whether or not I get the second interview.

We got 5 inches of snow and ice here in Metro Atlanta.  Now, snow like that in other places doesn't do much to the community or business because they are prepared for it with snow plow trucks and salt trucks.  But in Atlanta we have 10 units of snow plow and salt trucks.  10!!!!!  I can't believe it, for the whole city of Atlanta, they should be ashamed.  On a positive note, our dogs loved playing in the snow.  It got iced over and then it kind of made them nervous because their light bodies didn't break the ice right away.  It was pretty funny.

Kyle took the above picture on his phone when we went to Park Tavern last week to go ice skating.  I will say their French Hot Chocolate is well worth the price!  It was so smooth and they chocolate was so tasty, complete with big marshmallows! Yum!  It was nice to skate around with some friends.  I had never used hockey skates before, and that is what they had so I gave it a try.  Kyle really did a great job ice skating, it had been a while and he picked it right back up.  I helped him stay up a couple times :o)  We had a great time, though and I definitely recommend it!

This weekend I head out to Vail, CO for some fun playing with my niece and cute baby nephew.  Michelle and Steven are the newest members to the Beardsley family.  Steven Vito-Michael Beardsley is being Christened and I am so excited I can take a week and go out there.  My mom is there and my dad just came back, broken bones later.  Kyle will stay here and hold down the fort and I will miss him like crazy but I am taking this time to see my brother's family.  I miss them all the time!  Can't wait, leaving Saturday and coming back a week later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive encouraging comments are welcome here: