Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

SKYDIVING!

What a rush. What a amazing high. What an exhilarating experience. It is dangerous... to the untrained. It is scary to the fearful, daring to those who dare.

Not being scared of jumping out of an airplane to go skydiving, might seem crazy to some. But, I was only concerned about the landing being smooth.

Once in Thomasville, GA at Skydive Atlanta DBA Uninsured Skydive Atlanta, reading the waiver it sets in how much you are risking. Once through the door, after they check every signature line, and paid money to risk our life for adventure, we learn via a trainer how to do this tandem jump skydive. We wait for our "assignment" who and when we will be jumping with. My group was the third group...

(Did I mention we woke up at 6 am to do this?)

We get in our suits, colored b y size. We get on our harness, we watch them professionally pack the parachute. They have hired people there, who get paid based on completed parachutes, packing the parachutes immediately after they are deployed.

I take lots of pictures, I am walking into the airplane and my Tandem Tom says, "Everything you can think of doing while Skydiving, I have already done."

That made me feel better. The video you are about to watch is the experience, some parts the video is covered but you can still hear the sound and feel the intensity of the adventure.

Then we jumped!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry for the pixelation, the first one the sound wasn't synced so I reformatted it. I will work on this!! Thanks, this is a learning experience! Thanks for the support to all my fans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen I love the fact that you took your own camera to film this crazy adventure. Even more fun was the fact that I met you and your friend the day you all did this! Keep up the good work on your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how cute you looked as you were plummeting toward the earth -- with only a nylon parachute between you and death. I was so nervous just watching from my couch that I had to fast forward through the video. That is some bravery! The video was awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Positive encouraging comments are welcome here: