Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

My pure bred puppy still has nightmares about the "pound"

General Lee and me at the cabin
It was only for a little while, and it really wasn't the pound, but try telling that to my puppy General Lee and he tells a different story.  If my dog could talk he would probably tell you all sorts of terrible things about a woman named Stephanie who bought him for a little while telling me, "Oh he will be my special puppy," something straight out of the PETA articles is more along the lines of what was going on there. 

I had a bad feeling about her after a month or so of her buying General from a litter of 10 puppies that we had a couple years ago.  So I called Stephanie and she confirmed that "she hadn't taken care of him right and had gotten really sick."  So I offered to buy him back for half the price she paid.  I went to pick him up and he was literally skin and bones.  There were tons of other dogs there as she was breeding dogs and the big ones ate all of Generals food.  He had a really bad upset stomach and was very skidish, I think the doctor said he had parasites too!  When he ate his food if you didn't sit right by him he wouldn't eat, he would follow you. 

Most of these things he has gotten over with tons of love and caring support but still gets anxious when we leave for even a little while.  The other day I was going to the Eye Doctor and General has been so good lately I thought maybe he would be good for just an hour while I was there.  Well the doctor's appointment ran late and it was 2.5 hours before I was back.  The other day before I had done some really pretty paintings and some how General thought he could do paintings too just all over the carpet. 

After three bottles of cleaning solution there is still quite a mess but not nearly as bad as it was.  Now we have to get it professionally cleaning.  A local cleaner is coming next week.  But poor General just got anxious and then destructive.  It was such a mess I almost couldn't handle it.  He is such a sweet boy though!  I love our dogs, even if they can be a hand full sometimes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive encouraging comments are welcome here: