Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

If I Make It or Bake It at Home it is Homemade

Delicious Homemade Banana Bread
If I don't use a box it is from scratch!  Haha  If I am in the kitchen making food I make the rules too. ;)

I was in Kroger, which is to say, the only place I buy groceries.  From my commercial real estate experience I know, Kroger is the largest grocery store chain in Georgia with a 30% share of the market.  I was in their corporate office and found out they strive to achieve customer loyalty, that is their number One Goal.  Well for me, Mission Accomplished!!

So, I was saying I was in Kroger.  I was in the fruits and vegetable section and I was thinking about my over ripe bananas then saw this box of Chiquita Banana Bread Mix, and thought to myself "Ah, perfect product placement," but I gave in to the impulse purchase thinking, "It would be delicious, fresh baked banana bread, oh it doesn't get much better than that!"  With that, I put the box in my cart. 

Sometime later, I was on a mission: Don't forget any ingredients,  don't under-bake, don't over-bake!  It is a lot of pressure.  One thing I have learned about our house is the stove runs accurately on the lesser time of baking or cooking since we have a automatic gas stove.  I will tell you I love cooking with gas appliances.  Electric is for the birds.

As you can see from the perfect loaf I created, Mission Accomplished!!!

On a side note for those of you who are following our soccer team, we played the number one team tonight and lost 3 goals to 2 goals. I say it like that because the actual official score was 6-3 because they had all 3 girl goals and we had one girl goal and one guy goal.  Girl goals, as you remember count for two.  So there it is,  stay tuned as I have been doing more post lately!!  I have gone from once a week to 3-4 times a week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive encouraging comments are welcome here: