Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

How did we tie?!

We fought so hard last night! We scored first and early but to my surprise we didn't pull out a win, we didn't lose, but we did tie.  If you have been following the blog you have have read about us winning the last 3 games in a row! We have been on fire recently, if I must say so myself.  I love it, adult coed recreational soccer that is.  I went shopping for some new gear to prepare for our game, over at Dick's Sporting Goods.   They were super friendly and gave me all the advice I needed on which new soccer ball would withstand the normal wear and tear.  I ended up getting the new bright blue Nike soccer ball.

For all my Soccer needs
I also bought these really comfy ADIDAS soccer socks and pink athletic tape to hold my socks up. Oh and I bought a mouth guard that forms to your mouth with a 10,000 Warranty!!  I gave my old deflated soccer ball to my dog General. haha He has already torn it up! haha.

So I made my mouth guard to form to my teeth and then, wouldn't you know, after all that I forgot to wear it during the game.  So, going back to the game.  I warm up now with my friend Kathleen, and she is sweet as pie.  Getting lots of touches on the ball is so important and you want to make sure you do that before the game because you never want your first touch to be during the game because no one will pass to you if you mess up too much ;)

Soccer is a game about trusting your teammates to complete passes to other players successfully when you give them the ball.  If you don't have confidence in someone during a game you will not likely pass them the ball, or if you are new on a team.  You kind of have to earn people's respect on the field, marking players, defending the players, getting to the ball first, passing successfully and accurately.   All of these things go into making a good player.  But it doesn't matter how good you are, you need to be able to have the trust of the other players on your team.  So I am glad my teammates trust me.

Me and Raul scored goals early in the game and I was feeling much better from my mini injury last week and then the other team tied it up then they score then we scored.  So the score at the end of the game was 4-4 because my goal, as a woman counts for two.  To be fair, they had a really good keeper!  I remembered him,  he looks slow but was just the opposite, he was quick!!!  We had many chances but just couldn't pull out a win, maybe next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive encouraging comments are welcome here: