Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Gliz and Glitter

Fireworks at Turner Field after the Atlanta Braves Game
If you or your favorite female is like me, most of us love things that sparkle and shine!! I know I do. So, I wanted to post this picture onto my blog and do a post about the Shinier Things in Life.  I was at the Braves game recently with my family and we were there on a Friday Night.  Well, the Braves do a couple specials throughout the week and the one for Friday's is Firework Friday's and let me tell you I am a BIG FAN, I Love Braves Country.  Nothing says Living the Dream (LTDexperience fan page on FB) like Fireworks after America's favorite past time, good ole fashion Baseball!!!

The other promotions they have are All you can eat seats, and buy one get on half price Wednesdays!!  Well we just had the best time every time we go to the game, we get boiled peanuts outside and they let you bring them inside and nothing says Baseball like their foot long hot dog!!  And let me tell you I love some hot dogs at good ole Turner Field watching the one and only Braves.

Pictured here at our seats behind home plate with my husband and my parents!!  Love it!!
The best Braves memory I have is from when I was about 9 or 13, I was and always have been a Humongous Chipper Jones fan!!  I was a young girl and I wrote Mr. Chipper a heart felt letter and in return he sent me a signed rookie card and a picture all on a plaque.  It took a couple weeks but I thought that was the most amazing thing as a young girl I was memorized. It still hangs on my wall today, if only the eager youth and resilience and chance to live for the moment lived in us all the way it does when we were little maybe there would be less regret in the world.

So take that chance, because as I say all the time you have one life to live, so live it to the fullest!!  Do things you have never done before.  Make a bucket list and start crossing things off.  That is my homework!!

Until next time... check out this video of Chipper's hunting camp in Texas on the Double Dime for an exclusive look into his world outside of Baseball.

1 comment:

  1. I've lived in Atlanta for many years and have been to so few Braves games :( I have been on the 4th of July and that was a blast. I should definitely try to go to a game this year! Thanks for the reminder of one of ATL's best treasures!

    ReplyDelete

Positive encouraging comments are welcome here: