Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Decorations and Holiday Parties Begin


Last night was the Holiday Party at my friend's house, that I was excited about. If you read one of my earlier post this month you probably were wondering what I was going to make for the party?! Well my mother in law came to the rescue with a sure fire recipe for the Holidays. First it is really easy and for the Holidays that is just what you want. Take Betty Crocker's Triple Fudge Brownie mix and by Andes Peppermint Chips and chop them up. Then take half of the chopped peppermint candies and add to the mix. Then once baked, add the rest to the top after you remove from the oven. Yum Yum!! They were a huge hit at the party last night!

Yesterday we went to Cagle's Dairy Farm, and got this Christmas Tree and today we decorated it. We used LED lights for the tree and let me tell you they are so bright! We also took the dogs to PetSmart to see Santa. BIG FUN!! These are our Vizslas. General is the one on the left and Ruby Leigh is the one on the right. Ruby Leigh is General Lee's mom. Then I put up all the icicle lights around the front and back porches. Then we put together an angel with lights for the front porch. Then I put the stockings up above the fireplace. Last night I wrote our names on them with a glitter glue pen, and let them dry over night.

Then I rushed to clean the house and make a delicious steak dinner for my parents and our family friends Tom and Rosemary. I used Aaron's recipe for the smashed potatoes and they were so good. Now it is time to make our Christmas cards. I am using the photos we took at PetSmart. They were doing the pictures for donations to the Humane Society.

Until next time... I hope you are enjoying the Holiday Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive encouraging comments are welcome here: