Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Technology Free


My small group and I are about to embark on an adventure and bonding experience. We are going to the North Georgia Mountains for a small group retreat. I am really happy to be going on this girls weekend and even more thrilled about spending some one on one time with some amazing girls. No dogs, Kyle is watching Ruby and Lee, no boys, but also no technology. No cell phones, no PDA’s, no computer and no internet. This trip is all about spending time with one another and enjoying their company. It is really nice to get away and do this kind of thing at least once a year.

Last year my girl friend Chris had a camping trip; it is this weekend this year so unfortunately I’ll have to miss it. It was a little more rustic than what we will be doing this year, in a cushy cabin. Last year we were car camping. Meaning you set up tents right next to your car. You can use bathrooms nearby but still sleeping in tents, getting the experience of semi-roughing it. We did something I had never done before. We made pizza pies, peanut butter pies, blueberry pies, cherry pies, etc. You get the supplies you would for a regular one of these and use pie pans, and bread and butter then you put over the fire… and cook. That was probably my favorite part about the camping trip, besides spending time with some amazing girls.

This weekend we are going to do some hiking and tubing and cooking as well. We will hike in the morning and tub Saturday afternoon. I got my tub-top bikini as I done want bad tan lines for the wedding and bug spray and of course SUNSCREEN for the tubing adventure. Then when we get back for lunch, we’ll make sandwiches. I am eagerly awaiting the burgers and hot dogs for dinner. I was in charge of getting the meat! I got turkey hot-dogs and turkey meat and regular meat for the hamburgers. I hope we got some good chips; I really like some good chips! I’m bringing milk and stuff for snacks also, if I get hungry.

Well it’s almost that time, to Hit the Road Jack!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive encouraging comments are welcome here: