Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Scoutmob App



Kyle and I came across a really cool app for the iPhone, called Scoutmob. And by we, I mean Kyle ;) The way it works is you get the app, which is free, you select the city (either Atlanta or NYC!!! get excited!!!) then enjoy the multiple deals daily updated. These deals range from food, to shopping, to drinks, spices, home furnishings, cafe's, things for pets. Today we went to Flying Biscuit in Norcross, a local favorite of ours... and we ordered the eggs over biscuits and covered in gravy. Then on our sides we had sausage and they honestly have the best cheese grits, they are so creamy!!! This is our favorite dish there. The other thing I have had there that is really good is the BLT sandwich with fried green tomatoes!!! I also like their salads.

Yesterday I had a beautiful Bridal Shower at my parents and my friend Mrs. Nancy's house. She lives on a ornately decorated house with fresh flowers and great color and it was just so lovely, even if it didn't have any of my dearest friends there... but it did so it became more like a little piece of heaven.

Amethyst said the blessing and it made my heart smile. We drank juice and some had a splash of champagne! We ate delicacies like homemade spinach quiesce and then I enjoyed the ham and cheese quiesce, along with ripe fresh fruit, and little croissants filled with tarragon chicken salad. For dessert we loved the vanilla cake with raspberry in between the layers and sweet cream cheese icing. YUM!! I know, we ate like queens.

Speaking of Queens my future mother in law Susan found the coolest Queen Bee Pins for the wedding. One for my mom The Mother of the Bride Queen Bee, like maybe a traditional bee pin but wearing white and has a tiara!! Then she got the matching Mother of the Groom Bee Pin for herself!! I absolutely loved it, especially since my mom loves bee pins. Not only are Kyle and I good compliments, our families are compliments, too. It will make for nice holidays.

Still working on getting Kyle's groom gift organized. Details to follow after the wedding in 20 days!! The programs are almost done, and music is done. The dress fits, and just finishing up on some details. Kyle and I are meeting our minister for coffee to go over our last marriage counseling and information regarding our ceremony.

Thank you for all the prayers regarding my mom she is getting better, and resting as much as possible. Please pray for my friends on mission trips in Haiti right now! One has asked that we pray for "good attitudes." For family relationships that they continue to improve and better communication with certain family members. Please pray for Kyle's Aunt as she is battling cancer.

If you have specific prayer request please feel free to post or email me at funlovinjen@gmail.com

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive encouraging comments are welcome here: