Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Consistency


Our married small group is doing a study on the book “Who You are When no One is Looking” by Bill Hybels.  We just started it but I definitely recommend it! The book is discussing character and one of the virtues is discipline.  We were talking about other parts to character and we mentioned consistency.  Discipline and consistency go hand in hand.  It is really hard sometimes to be discipline with consistency.

For example, I am trying to go to the gym 6 days a week and waking up and finding the motivation to go when I am tired and sore has been a challenge.  I feel like just getting to the gym is more than half the battle.  Once you get there things get easier because the atmosphere is encouraging because you see everyone else working out.

If I didn’t go to the gym and just tried to work out at my house I think I would be even less motivated to work out. Getting enough sleep is also really important.  My body definitely needs more rest since I am working out more.  I also have been really hungry since I am burning more calories and need more fuel.

Kyle has been really helpful by being supportive of my new routine. Sometimes you need a little push to be discipline and having an accountability partner helps.  I definitely recommend reaching out to someone who you trust to be able to speak into your life when you are trying to be more consistent and discipline in an area of your life.

So whatever your New Year’s resolution is, I would just encourage you to keep with it.  It gets easier with consistency and discipline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive encouraging comments are welcome here: