Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

One Trip, Lots of ways to Live the Dream

Recently my husband Kyle and I took a quick trip down to Orlando, FL and we were there for two different things: racing and the beach.  Kyle loves Dirt Late Model Racing and I love getting some vitamin D from our glorious sun.  The Racing was really cool and the cars drive around and around on dirt and almost slide as they go around the corner. My hat is in honor of Duayne Hommel H2 Dirt Late Model driver who was injured.  But to Kyle living the dream is going to these races.  Unlike NASCAR, Kyle likes that it is more intimate and the fact that I have trouble pronouncing all the confusing names. I like going to be with Kyle and eat all the delicious race food like the fried dough called elephant's ear with powdered sugar and butter and cinnamon.  I also love the boiled peanuts!  I could eat the boiled peanuts all the time.  Now we are back from our trip and I need to hit the gym.

But for me the best part of the trip was when we drove the hour to Cocoa beach!  Laying in the sand on our Ron Jon's surf shop towels, and all sunscreen lotion up and ready to protect against aging, and it was the perfect weather.  Not too hot, not too windy.  It was just right! I was living the dream on that beach, with my sunglasses on and enjoying the crowd.  There were young families, old families and friends all together.  There were frisbees and kites, and people wind surfing, not to be confused with para-sailing. It was amazing.  It makes me want to go back just thinking about it!  I must say I am blessed! 

Maybe I will close my eyes while I am at the pool this summer and daydream about being at the beach and think back to those moments and remember how awesome it was.  The only thing that could have made the beach better was Georgia sweet tea,  Fl sweet tea the water taste funny, salty.  I suggest bottled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive encouraging comments are welcome here: