Pages

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Rise Up

Everyone's life is a unique journey, with ups and downs, trials and blessings. When life gets tough we need to raise ourselves up by our boot straps. We need to buckle up and be ready for the ride. We don't know where we are going all the time, but we need to pray for direction and God's will to be revealed. When things are difficult we can pray for peace, pray for grace, pray for wisdom. When we are completely overwhelmed we can literally get down on our knees and just pray, with tears streaming down our face.

The main thing I have learned is God is always good and faithful. We don't like it, but sometimes the answers to our prayers is "No", "Not right now", or He may be silent. God is right there with us giving us grace to deal with our situation, though. His grace will carry us through when we are not sure if we could do it on our own!

He cries with us and his heart breaks, when our heart breaks. He loves us and just like any good Father he would rather us yell and scream at Him, instead of becoming distant, give up on our faith, and/ or our relationship with Him. This verse below, shows how compassionate and empathetic God is towards us when we are upset.

“You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭56:8 NLT

You can never be a failure in the Lord's eyes. Remember he created us in His image and sent His one and only Son to earth to die as an atoning sacrifice for you and me. We are already good enough and worthy of His love because we didn't deserve the salvation as we are yet still sinners.

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"Rise Up" by Andra Day is one of my favorite songs right now. Sections of the lyrics and link to the full music video are below. This song is about unconditional love and compassion towards a loved one, even when it is inconvenient or difficult- helping them in a great time of need, being there for them no matter what and showing love for one another. This is what Jesus calls us to do.

Andra Day in "Rise Up" music video

“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.””
‭‭Mark‬ ‭12:30-31‬ ‭NIV

When we do this we are the closest to God that we can possibly be. This is what the Lord wants for us because this is what matters the most. So when life is tough for you or a loved one... Rise Up!!

"Rise Up" by Andra Day

"Rise Up" by Andra Day Music Video (Click Here)

You're broken down and tired
Of living life on a merry go round
And you can't find the fighter
But I see it in you so we gonna walk it out
And move mountains...
And I'll rise up
I'll rise like the day
I'll rise up
I'll rise unafraid
I'll rise up
And I'll do it a thousand times again
And I'll rise up
High like the waves
I'll rise up
In spite of the ache
I'll rise up
And I'll do it a thousands times again
When the silence isn't quiet
And it feels like it's getting hard to breathe
And I know you feel like dying
But I promise we'll take the world to its feet
And move mountains
We'll take it to its feet
And move mountains...
All we need, all we need is hope
And for that we have each other
...We will rise...
I'll rise up
Rise like the day
I'll rise up
In spite of the ache
I will rise a thousands times again
...For you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive encouraging comments are welcome here: