Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Salads Every Day

Since this year I am doing a lot of new things, one thing I am changing is my diet.  I have always been fairly healthy, in regards to what I eat, but I have decided to make some even healthier changes!!

Some of these changes include: eating at least one salad every day, not drinking any more sodas, turkey bacon instead of regular bacon, no more artificial creamers, raw local honey (when possible) instead of different sugars in coffee or teas, switching to some organic options, traditional pasta alternatives, and drinking more coconut water. I am going to try these new food options and see how I feel.  I also have been working out more. So far, I am feeling better and have lost some weight.

In this blog post, I am going to share pictures of some of the salads I have made at home or have eaten in restaurants.  Hopefully, I can inspire you to get creative when making or ordering your own salads.  I mean, what is not to love about salads when they are so good for you?!?!

Avocado and tomato salad with balsamic and olive oil dressing

Garden salad with ham, tomatoes, cheddar cheese and ranch dressing

Garden salad with a variety of nuts, tomatoes, avocados with balsamic and virgin olive oil dressing


Fresh Village Greek Salad

Garden salad with tomatoes, carrots, red onions, and balsamic vinaigrette dressing

Fresh fruit salad with bananas, watermelon, strawberries, and mandarin oranges

Garden salad with chicken, blackberries, almonds, pecans, carrots, and balsamic and virgin olive oil dressing

Albacore tuna, relish and ranch salad on top of lettuce

Apples, pickled beets, candied pecans, chicken salad, with vinaigrette dressing

Salmon, tomatoes, blackberries, carrots, sunflower seeds, almonds salad with balsamic and olive oil dressing

Traditional taco salad
Bon Appetit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive encouraging comments are welcome here: